Major and Minor

Religion Major/Minor/Modified Major Requirements

How to Declare your Religion Major, Minor, or Modified Major:

  1. Request a meeting with Religion Department Chair, Professor Randall Balmer. Be prepared to discuss your academic interests, specific courses that you would like to take, and any questions you may have regarding the major. Exemptions, special permissions, and proposals need to be addressed by Professor Balmer as well.
  2. Review the requirements of the major, minor, or modified major and fill in your worksheet (see links below) and DartWorks major planner with your proposed course of study.
  3. Bring the completed worksheet to your meeting with Professor Balmer.
  4. Confirm your proposed course of study for approval in DartWorks.

Watch for occasional email announcements (events of interest, Major degree requirements, Commencement, etc) from the Religion Department.

Helpful links