Major and Minor
Religion Major/Minor/Modified Major Requirements
How to Declare your Religion Major, Minor, or Modified Major:
- Request a meeting with Religion Department Chair, Professor Randall Balmer. Be prepared to discuss your academic interests, specific courses that you would like to take, and any questions you may have regarding the major. Exemptions, special permissions, and proposals need to be addressed by Professor Balmer as well.
- Review the requirements of the major, minor, or modified major and fill in your worksheet (see links below) and DartWorks major planner with your proposed course of study.
- Bring the completed worksheet to your meeting with Professor Balmer.
- Confirm your proposed course of study for approval in DartWorks.
Watch for occasional email announcements (events of interest, Major degree requirements, Commencement, etc) from the Religion Department.
- The Dartmouth Organization, Regulations and Courses (ORC) contains online information about Religion course requirements. Please refer to the ORC of your matriculation year for the appropriate major requirements, and/or see the worksheet for your class year, here:
- Religion Major Worksheet for Classes 2019 and earlier
- Religion Major Worksheet for Classes 2020 and later
- Religion Modified Major Worksheet for Classes 2019 and earlier
- Religion Modified Major Worksheet for Classes 2020 and later
- Religion Minor Worksheet for Classes 2019 and earlier
- Religion Minor Worksheet for Classes 2020 and later